Tuesday, February 23, 2010

BLOOD-WA!

Yesterday Quinn and I took Calvin to the Children's museum in Albuquerque. On the way to the car I was carrying Calvin and walking across the parking lot islands with the big rocks. The rocks were so...rocky....and my shoes got all tangled up and I lost my balance and we both fell down. Calvin cried, and Quinn yelled "Mandy!" and I yelled, "Don't yell at me, I'm hurt too!"

And I was. Calvin was scared, but I skinned my knee, which is something that I haven't done since I was a kid.

Back then, whenever one of us (and by "us" I mean me, Katie, or Andy) skinned our knee, we had a little game that we liked to play. When it came time to remove the bloody band-aid, we folded it up to look like a little envelope. Then we made our hands into little people. The "mailman" hand would deliver the bloody band-aid to Mrs. Leotardface, or Mr. Pencilnose, and so-n-so would open it up and read what was inside..."Blood-WA!"

Then they would fold it up and give it back to the mailman who would give it to someone else.

I explained this game to Quinn, who made a face that made me glad I didn't tell him the story before he proposed. But when Calvin showed interest in my nasty knee, I simply said Blood-WA! and he burst into giggles. He loved it!

I tried to capture his giggling in video, but didn't do that great of a job. Anyway, I'm happy to know that, even though my husband isn't impressed with my humor, my toddler is.

No comments:

Post a Comment