Thursday, September 17, 2009

A balanced diet



Calvin's babysitter complained that she can't get him to eat fruits or vegetables, but only things like sweets and chips. I think she was trying to suggest that I should feed him more healthy stuff so that he will have a taste for it when he gets to her house. I thought, Hummph! I feed him healthy stuff.

But then I thought some more about it, and realized that he needs special choreography before he will eat healthy. For example, the other day he was running around the front yard and he said, "chocca' pudding!" and so I went to the refrigerator, but instead of getting him chocolate pudding I grabbed the prunes, and he bought it! But I had to feed him while chasing him down the sidewalk.

Then, for dinner we got him some fried rice with peas, carrots and onions in it. We went to the dinosaur park to eat it and he wouldn't have anything to do with it until he was on the swing. Then he liked it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment